What is a Certificate of Sponsorship?

Whether entering the UK for a new role or looking to switch from another type of UK Visa from within the UK, such as a student Tier 4 visa, a Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) from a Tier 2 licensed sponsor is essential when applying for a Tier 2 Visa. [toc] A certificate of sponsorship is […]

Citizenship through US Naturalization

US naturalization is the process by which a non-US national can become a US citizen. Once naturalized, you may bring family members to the USA, travel abroad under a US passport, and vote in US elections. [toc] Eligibility for US Naturalization The eligibility requirements for US naturalization vary according to your personal circumstances, but you […]

Renouncing US citizenship

An individual who renounces their US citizenship ceases to be a citizen of the United States of America. [toc] If successful, they will receive a Certificate of Loss of Nationality (CLN) and will no longer have the responsibilities of a US citizen and can identify solely as a citizen of their other country of citizenship. […]

Right to Work Documents: A Guide for Candidates

Anyone seeking to be lawfully employed in Britain, regardless of nationality, residency status, age or race, will need to evidence they are legally permitted to work in the UK. This means presenting valid and acceptable right to work documents to prospective employers before you can commence employment. [toc] Right to work checks UK employers are […]

Tier 2 Sponsor List (How to Find a UK Sponsor!)

If you are a national of a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA) or of Switzerland and you are looking for skilled work in the UK, you may be able to apply for entry clearance under the Tier 2 (General) visa category. [toc] Tier 2 visa eligibility criteria are however strict, and include a […]

What is the Tier 2 General Visa?

The Tier 2 General visa is the primary immigration route into the UK for skilled workers from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland.  [toc] It enables skilled non-EEA migrant workers to undertake qualifying work from a licensed employer in a role that cannot be filled by a suitably qualified or skilled worker in […]